Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chemo: Day -9

I'm laying here next to Tessa, she is in her bed surrounded by her babies and draped in her favorite Dora blankie. I on the other hand am laying on my couch which I push right up next to the bed. Because Tessa has been sleeping with us for the last year or so, she enjoys a good snuggle before "drifting" off to dreamland (though honestly is seems more like I have to drag her there kicking and screaming). Sadly the couch is about an inch and a half lower than her bed, so until she falls asleep I'm laying on this uneven seem. I can hear the chiropractors out there screaming in harmony with my back muscles. The things we do for love.

Last night there was only one real moment of excitement. During one of our (countless) trips to the bathroom-thank you IV fluids-one of Tessa's lines came unhooked. This wouldn't have been too big a deal, but they had just put her morphine dose into her IV pump. She started bleeding into her line, morphine was dripping all over, and Tessa's crying because her tummy hurt. The fabulous nurses descended upon us and sorted it all out, however. And in no time we were safely ensconced in our respective beds.

Today was another good day. Tessa started her chemo, and has not yet had any real side effects. Just a few small complaints: pain in her wrist, her teeth hurting, and of course the tummy. Noni came by in the early afternoon, as was treated to a case of Tessa's grumpies (sorry Noni!). It had been a wakeful night, and she was in sore need of some sleep. She and I both took a long nap this afternoon (which is why she is still awake as I write this at 10:30 at night). Fortunately she woke in time to see her Dee Dee  (Auntie Kristy) who very generously brought us dinner. Dee Dee read some wonderful stories to Tessa, which Tessa loved. Dee Dee is a great storyteller with a cache of fabulous books!



After dinner Casey, Tessa and I relaxed a bit before Casey pedaled back to his folks' house for the night. Tessa and I watched the new Tinkerbell movie, which we both thoroughly enjoyed. 

All in all a good day. Hoping for another one tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment